Amongst Dad's recollections of childhood, school, college, family and work, I came across the following page, written in his hand:
Scriptures to Consider for Funeral
I have done a lot of underlining in my Bibles, and one day, in my King James Version, I was struck by two verses nearly side by side (on different pages, of course).
Psalm 17:15b "I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness."
Psalm 16:11b "In thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."
In a similar line, are:
II Cor. 3:18 "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."
I John 3:2 "Beloved . . . we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."
Of course I Cor 15 is a terrific passage, and includes v. 49, "we shall also bear the image of the heavenly" among its many other wonderful promises; and the timely admonition of v. 58 "be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord".
And Phil. 3:21 speaks of the "change of our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body".
Wonderful prospects! And assurances.
Psalm 17:15b "I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness."
Psalm 16:11b "In thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."
In a similar line, are:
II Cor. 3:18 "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."
I John 3:2 "Beloved . . . we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."
Of course I Cor 15 is a terrific passage, and includes v. 49, "we shall also bear the image of the heavenly" among its many other wonderful promises; and the timely admonition of v. 58 "be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord".
And Phil. 3:21 speaks of the "change of our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body".
Wonderful prospects! And assurances.
No comments:
Post a Comment