Feb 13, 2009

Book on Hans

This is a view from Hans' picture window

Shoo-Shoo, my one and only nude model

Whenever Hans wants to read the newspaper, Shoo-Shoo jumps on it. This is breakfast.

I may crop this for the front cover of the eventual book. This is a winter sunrise reflected off the front picture window. Sheila designed the renovations and asked for this particularly wide window (wide in those days).

I always enter from the upper back (fewer steps to climb). I caught Hans heating milk for his coffee and cereal (the Austrian way).

It was snowing (again), the mountains are invisible.

This alley shot was taken from his front yard, but he cannot see this from his house.

Sheila collected cards and put them up in the basement. Since they collected teddy bears, people usually sent cards on that theme. When we first took our young children here for dinner, Sheila had them go downstairs to count the bears.

I took this this morning. I like its wistfulness. We already know the book is about preserving memories.

Time and again I get up, check the sky, and if it is promising, go to his place to take some pictures. We cannot see sunrises at our place because of the tall trees.

I have been working on a book for Hans which will help to preserve memories for him. He has become an enthusiastic partner in the project, encouraging me at every turn. He is eager to share copies with relatives in Austria who have never seen Vancouver or any part of his life here. Now another older friend is hoping that I will create a similar book for him . . . this could take care of 'free time' for quite a while.

No comments: